After the monumental change to move the LEC to three splits per year, we have finally reached the Summer Split. Here, champions will be forged, and the final attendees of the LEC Finals chosen. G2 and MAD Lions have already qualified. They will be joined by the winner of this split, plus the three-highest-scoring teams in Championship Points. From there, those six teams will battle it out for four places at Worlds. However, we’re getting ahead of ourselves.
HotNewHipHop is here to give you the perfect tool to follow along with all the action. In this article, you will find every roster move and an easy-to-understand breakdown of all ten teams’ rosters. Furthermore, you will be able to find the result of every game, as well as regularly-updated standings.
Rosters And Transactions
- 8th: Team Vitality release coach Mephisto.
- 10th: Team Heretics mid laner Ruby is listed as inactive.
- 28th: Fnatic ADC Rekkles role-swaps to support and is listed as inactive.
- 12th: Fnatic release inactive top laner Wunder.
- 16th: Jungler Xerxe leaves Excel Esports to join Spanish ERL team Giants.
- 19th: Team Heretics release inactive mid laner Ruby.
- 23rd: Inactive Excel support Targamas joins Karmine Corp. Meanwhile, inactive Team Vitality ADC Neon joins Vitality.Bee. Elsewhere, Team Heretics ADC Jackspektra joins Team Heretics Academy.
- 26th: Unicorns of Love jungler Peach signs with Excel Esports.
- 28th: Team Heretics send ADC Jackspektra to Los Heretics.
- 31st: Team Heretics promote ADC Flakked from Los Heretics.
- 6th: Fnatic release support Advienne.
- 7th: Inactive mid laner Vetheo joins Team Heretics from Excel Esports.
- 8th: KOI release support Trymbi.
- 9th: KOI sign free agent support Advienne
- 10th: Fnatic sign ADC Noah from Polish team Zero Tenacity and free agent support Trymbi.
- 23rd: Inactive Astralis mid laner Dajor joins Spanish team Rebels Gaming
- 30th: Team Vitality bench jungler Bo and promote academy jungler Daglas
- 4th: Team Vitality jungler Daglas returns to Vitality.Bee
Per the new league format, the split’s regular season will comprise of three weeks of three matchdays each. The top eight teams qualify for the GSL round of the playoffs.
|G2 [Q]||8 – 1|
|Fnatic [Q]||7 – 2|
|Excel Esports [Q]||5 – 4|
|Team Heretics [Q]||5 – 4|
|Team BDS [Q]||4 – 5|
|SK Gaming [Q]||4 – 5|
|MAD Lions [Q]||4 – 5|
|KOI [Q]||4 – 5|
|Astralis [E]||3 – 6|
|Team Vitality [E]||1 – 7|
|MAD Lions 1 – 0 Team Vitality|
|Team Heretics 1 – 0 SK Gaming|
|KOI 1 – 0 Excel Esports|
|G2 1 – 0 Team BDS|
|Fnatic 1 – 0 Astralis|
|Team Vitality 1 – 0 SK Gaming|
|Excel Esports 0 – 1 Fnatic|
|MAD Lions 1 – 0 G2|
|KOI 0 – 1 Team BDS|
|Team Heretics 1 – 0 Astralis|
|Excel Esports 0 – 1 SK Gaming|
|Team BDS 0 – 1 Astralis|
|KOI 0 – 1 MAD Lions|
|Fnatic 0 – 1 G2|
|Team Vitality 0 – 1 Team Heretics|
|Excel Esports 1 – 0 Team BDS|
|Astralis 1 – 0 Team Vitality|
|Team Heretics 0 – 1 KOI|
|G2 1 – 0 SK Gaming|
|Fnatic 1 – 0 MAD Lions|
|Team BDS 0 – 1 Team Heretics|
|MAD Lions 0 – 1 Excel Esports|
|G2 1 – 0 Astralis|
|KOI 0 – 1 SK Gaming|
|Fnatic 1 – 0 Team Vitality|
|Astralis 1 – 0 SK Gaming|
|MAD Lions 0 – 1 Team Heretics|
|Team Vitality 0 – 1 KOI|
|Excel Esports 0 – 1 G2|
|Fnatic 1 – 0 Team BDS|
|Excel Esports 1 – 0 Astralis|
|Team BDS 1 – 0 Team Vitality|
|G2 1 – 0 KOI|
|Team Heretics 0 – 1 Fnatic|
|SK Gaming 1 – 0 MAD Lions|
- Team Vitality’s loss officially eliminated them from playoff contention. Furthermore, SK Gaming’s win confirmed Team Vitality’s 10th-place finish.
|Team BDS 1 – 0 MAD Lions|
|Team Vitality 0 – 1 Excel Esports|
|KOI 1 – 0 Astralis|
|Team Heretics 0 – 1 G2|
|SK Gaming 1 – 0 Fnatic|
|G2 2 – 0 KOI|
|Team Heretics 1 – 2 Team BDS|
|G2 2 – 0 Team BDS|
|KOI v Team Heretics|
|Team BDS v Winner of M4|
|Fnatic 0 – 2 SK Gaming|
|Excel Esports 2 – 0 MAD Lions|
|SK Gaming 1 – 2 Excel Esports|
|Fnatic v MAD Lions|
|SK Gaming v Winner of M4|
|Lower Bracket Eliminator: Group A 2nd Place v Group B 2nd Place|
|Upper Bracket Final: G2 v Excel|
|Lower Bracket Final: Loser of G2/Excel v Winner of Lower Bracket Eliminator|
|Grand Final: Winner of Upper Bracket Final v Winner of Lower Bracket Final|
The LEC Finals will take place in Montpellier, France between August 19 and September 10. The six teams competing will be a combination of split winners and highest championship points earners.
|G2 (Winter split champions)|
|MAD Lions (Spring split champions)|
|Summer split champions (or best finisher excluding G2 and MAD Lions)|
|Highest championship points (excluding G2, MAD Lions, and Summer split champion) [Currently – Team BDS]|
|Second-highest championship points (excluding G2, MAD Lions, and Summer split champion) [Currently – KOI]|
|Third-highest championship points (excluding G2, MAD Lions, and Summer split champion) [Currently – SK Gaming]|
Current Championship Points Standings
|Team BDS [Q]||190|
- Totals include the minimum points a team can earn during the Summer split.
- Astralis and Team Vitality have finalized their points for the year. Astralis are officially eliminated as their total of 105 is not enough to qualify for the LEC Finals. Team Vitality can still qualify for the LEC Finals, depending on the performances of other teams.